Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking

Before I called it a night last night, I saw that Trump was ahead and I told my sister, "It doesn't look good for Clinton." When I got up this morning and saw that Trump had won the presidential election, I was disappointed but not surprised. I was surprised that Clinton didn't speak to her supporters last night. What was that about?

Now that this nasty race is over, everyone (myself included) will try to figure out what happened here. There are a lot of reasons why Trump came out on top: (1) Clinton was a flawed candidate. Let's face it, Hillary was beatable and she had a lot of baggage. (2) There are a lot of angry people out there who wanted a president (a white male president) who wasn't part of the Washington "establishment" and that person was Trump. (3) The pollsters were full of it. How many polls predicted Clinton as the winner? Many of them, which makes me wonder who, exactly, these folks were polling.

So, what do we do now? We keep on keeping on.


No comments:

Post a Comment