Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Chicken Bowl, Part Deux

So it's been more than 24 hours since I finished off a Chipotle chicken bowl and I'm here to tell the tale. No kidney failure. No upset stomach. No nothing. Whew! I never got sick from Chipotle in the past, but once the stories started about the E. coli outbreaks, I had to take a step back and cross this place off my restaurant list. But, as I said yesterday, maybe it's time to give them another chance.



In other news, I'm taking swimming lessons again since my first set of classes didn't take. (The first round of classes failed, I think, for two reasons: 1. My teacher was more accustomed to teaching children than adults and 2. I wasn't ready mentally to learn how to swim. This time around, I have a better mindset and a better teacher. I'm taking private lessons at the local Y and my instructor is great. She's around my age and she also learned to swim later in life, so that helps a lot in her work with me. I told her, "I don't need to be Michael Phelps, I just need to know how to save myself from drowning!" I also want to be able to use the pool at the Y like any other person. I still think I might have to take another set of classes after my current session ends, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment