Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Return of the Chicken Bowl

I broke down today and went to Chipotle for a chicken bowl. I haven't had Chipotle in probably eight or nine months due to the health scares. What really terrified me was an article I read in Bloomberg Businessweek about a healthy guy who was in his early 30s. He did P90X and was in great physical shape, yet his kidneys nearly failed after eating a Chipotle chicken bowl. Oy! That story (on top of all of the other Chipotle-related illnesses I kept reading about), kept me away from my beloved chicken bowl for months...until today. I just had the bowl less than an hour ago, so there's still time for illness to set in, but I feel okay so far. My sister was in New York last week and she told me she ate at a Chipotle there and felt fine, so I decided it was time for me also to take the plunge. Even though I ate Chipotle today, I doubt wonder if I'll ever eat at the restaurant with the frequency I did in the past. I remember going there weekly when I lived in New York. There was a Chipotle in the lobby of the building where I worked and I ate there probably once a week. I suspect those days are over, but I'm willing to try and slowly get myself back on the Chipotle wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment