Friday, June 24, 2016

Summer Sickness

Having a cold is terrible at any time of the year, but it's particularly annoying when you're sick in the summertime, as I am right now. I don't think I had a cold all winter, but I've been down all week with various ailments: sore throat, draining sinuses, congestion. And the sad thing is it's beautiful outside, but I'm so sluggish and congested that I really can't enjoy the weather. So, I've been indoors watching a lot of television. Coverage of the Brexit vote has been all over the news here. You'd think the election happened in the US rather than the UK with the amount of press I've seen. I won't even claim to understand what the crux of that situation is about, but I will say this. Once again the media seemed to have been wrong in their predictions of how the vote would come out. That goes to show you can't always trust the polls and the pundits.

Moving on, I've been watching my guilty pleasure show "Million Dollar Listing New York (MDLNY)" via On Demand and I'm caught up now. This show is so ridiculous for so many reasons. (Do these agents do anything other than throw parties and go out for dinner and/or drinks? I don't think so!) When I watch MDLNY, I have to laugh because I wouldn't let any of these jokers sell me a dog house let alone real estate over $1 million. (Okay, maybe I'd let Fredrik because he seems the most competent of the three, but I'd have to think seriously about it.) Ryan just strikes me as a thirsty actor who's auditioning for a movie role. (And what's up with the lack of socks? Unprofessional!) And Luis? Luis is a hot mess. Someone on a blog I read described him as a "walking Almodovar movie." That sounds about right. I don't know what kind of internal demons he's struggling with, but he needs to get that shit under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment