Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Sound of Money

I'm sure I've stated before that I'm a big Eddie Money fan. I was listening to his greatest hits CD "The Sound of Money" on my way home from work yesterday and thought if Eddie Money tried to come out today as a pop star, he'd never make it. Eddie Mahoney (aka Money) doesn't have the "look" of a pop star and I doubt a studio would be willing to back him and that's a shame because he's incredibly talented. I'm glad he flourished in the music business before it turned into the marketing and PR bullshit campaign that it is now. By the way, "Baby, Hold On to Me" is a great song. I would totally use that as a book title if I could work a story around it. Also, if I'm finally forced to work under a pseudonym, I'd love to go with Kim Money. I'm just saying. Eddie Money hit it big with "Take Me Home Tonight" (also a great song with Ronnie Spector), but it doesn't have the juice of "Baby, Hold On to Me" (in my opinion).

Speaking of marketing and PR bullshit campaigns, I can't believe all of the excuses being made for the Pope's visit with Kentucky Kim. You can't just walk in off the street and meet with the Pope, I'm sure. That meeting was arranged and I don't believe for one second that the Pope didn't know what the deal was when he met with Kim. All of these cries of "he was tricked" and "he was bamboozled" don't pass the smell test with me. The Vatican is just trying to deal with the blowback they received as a result of this PR fiasco. Plus, why wouldn't the Pope meet with a gay marriage hater? It's not like he's an advocate for gay marriage himself. Let's keep it real, people. And did the Pope's people think Kentucky Kim and her attorneys would keep this meeting under wraps? Ha! Their PR machine just revved up for another round of bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment