Friday, October 23, 2015

Critters

When I came home last night, there was a skunk outside of my apartment building door. He was sitting there by the little front porch, under the light, doing nothing. I wanted to get into my apartment, obviously, but I didn't want to get sprayed. The skunk looked like he wasn't in any great hurry to move along either. What's a girl to do? I started shaking my keys as I approached the building and that got the critter's attention. He eventually wandered off and I was able to get into my building. I've never seen skunks wandering the streets in the other cities I've lived in (Detroit, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, South Brunswick, NJ) but they're clearly taking up residence in Evanston, IL.

In other critter-related news, I am psyched to see those red pandas. There's a family of them at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, so I've got to take a trip there and check them out. They're cute and kind of raccoon-like (although raccoons are killers--they'll bite your face off). I don't know if the red pandas are capable of such violence. I certainly hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment