Monday, October 26, 2015

Not My Bacon!

The WHO's big announcement today about certain cured meats causing cancer was such a disappointment for me because of the bacon factor. Sure, I know that certain meats aren't good for you (bacon included), but I love bacon. It's tasty! I don't eat bacon on a daily basis, but I do have it on a weekly basis. I can give up processed lunch meats and hot dogs because I don't eat these things that often, but bacon? No way. I recently had some bacon from the Honeybaked ham store and that, my friends, was some tasty swine. One pack of that bacon cost nearly $10, but it was totally worth it. I was listening to NPR on the way home from work today and there was a story about this latest WHO study and, of course, someone from the meat lobby had to come on and try to debunk the study's findings. I'm waiting for a statement from the bacon lobby. (I assume there is a bacon lobby, and a sausage lobby, and a lunch meat lobby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment