Thursday, October 29, 2015

Man vs. Wild

For some reason, I often find myself watching Man vs. Wild at night on the BBC American channel. They seem to show an endless amount of back-to-back episodes quite frequently. I find Bear Grylls both crazy and fascinating. Watching him survive the jungles of Borneo and scarf down various bugs and other critters of the wild is entertaining. He often finds some way to strip down on the show also to give the ladies and fellas a glimpse of his pasty white body. Yum. (Not really.) I watched an episode this week where he had the head some wildebeest (or Who beast, as my sister referred to it) and he threw that thing on the fire until it was crispy and then he dug beneath the burnt part and ate the meat. Gross. So gross. It's a wonder he doesn't have botulism or leishmaniasis or something from eating stuff like that. If someone dropped me in the middle of a remote jungle with a backpack and some all-weather gear, I'm sure I wouldn't survive one night. I couldn't even handle sharing my space with geckos. There's no way in the world I could survive the jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment