Thursday, February 12, 2015

Looking at Looking

Since I don't have HBO (and refuse to pay for it), I had to wait for the first season of Looking to come out on DVD. Now that it has, I've watched the first four episodes. (I'd actually seen the first episode on line back when the show debuted.) So far, I liked it. I was annoyed with Jonathan Groff's character Patrick in the first episode because I felt his character was the least interesting of the three men featured, but the powers that be at HBO pushed him as the star of the show because he's young, he's cute, and he's white. I still feel that he's promoted unfairly above the others, but he and his character have grown on me a bit. Hearing him on one of the episode commentaries certainly helped to sway my opinion of him. He seems like a nice guy and I think casting him as Patrick was spot on. But Dom is the person I'm most interested in. I'd seen Murray Bartlett in a movie called August and liked him then so seeing him as Dom is a real plus for me. He's great, he and Doris are wonderful, and he and Scott Bakula are very cute together. As for Agustin? Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said in other places? His boyfriend Frank is a doll. (I know they end up breaking up and that's probably for the best.) I'm looking forward (no pun intended) to the rest of Looking, Season 1. (I did see the first episode of Season 2 while I was in New York a few weeks ago because the hotel I was staying in had HBO. Woo hoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment