Monday, February 9, 2015

Better Call Saul

A friend of mine recommended I check out the Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, so I did. I thought it was great. What I enjoyed was seeing someone who's a scrapper. Saul (who isn't Saul yet and is going by his given name, Jimmy), is a lawyer just trying to make it. He drives a beater, he takes on public defender cases for low money, and his office is in the utility room of a nail salon. Jimmy/Saul isn't exactly on the fast track to success, but that's what great about the show. Far too many TV shows portray folks who never worry about money and just seem to have endless resources: a great house or apartment, a beautiful spouse, no financial problems, etc. Better Call Saul shows us how the other half lives. I worried that I wouldn't be able to get into the show since I never saw Breaking Bad, but that wasn't an obstacle for me. (I do think I will probably go back and watch Breaking Bad on DVD though at a later date.) And who is this Bob Odenkirk? I'd never even heard of the guy, but I like him and, since he's from the Chicago area, I like him even better.


I blogged last week about it being Lester Holt's time to shine and, lo and behold, he's filling in for Lying Brian Williams on the NBC Nightly News now. Woo hoo!


Also, Alabama has gay marriage now? I don't believe it! Woo hoo again!

No comments:

Post a Comment