Thursday, September 15, 2016

Wrong Answer

In my quest to learn how to swim, I've signed up for lessons (yet again) at the Y. This time I figured I'd go back to a group lesson. This was a mistake. During my first class this week, I was the weakest person in the class. Also, I wasn't really feeling my instructor. I had issues with her from the start. As a senior citizen, I worried that she'd be able to save my life in the event I felt like I was drowning and, when I jokingly said, "Just don't let me drown" during class this week, her response was, "The lifeguards are here to save you." Huh? Wrong answer. The lifeguards? What about you, Grandma? I wanted to ask. I guess Granny figured saving my life wasn't her job. Okay. That little exchange told me all I needed to know and I quickly made moves to transfer out of this class and go back to private lessons. I need to feel comfortable with my swimming instructor and this woman didn't make me feel comfortable at all. I'm hoping I'll be able to get my old teacher back so I can move forward. My goals are to swim (without the assistance of the foam belt that keeps you afloat) and learn how to perfect one move. I really would just like to be able to freestyle across the pool and back. Floating would be nice also, but my main goal is to learn one swimming move that I can perfect and use every time I go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment