Friday, September 2, 2016

Weekly Wrap-up

I heard today that one of Trump's mouthpieces claimed illegal immigration from Mexico will endanger the US by, brace for it, putting taco trucks on every corner. Taco trucks, people!!! I didn't realize the country was in danger of having too many taco trucks, but apparently it is. This could be a huge crisis! The guy who said this clearly doesn't understand that Americans, no matter their political affiliation, tend to like food and tacos are pretty popular here. So having a taco truck on every corner doesn't sound like a bad thing in the minds of many folks.

In other news, I really think the football player who is refusing to stand during the National Anthem in order to protest discrimination in the country is misguided. I would suggest he put his money where his mouth is and do something to help solve racial problems in the country. Donate to the Southern Poverty Law Center or some other social organization that fights extremist groups. I read that the player is going to donate funds to causes he deems worthy and that sounds great. He can certainly do more to incite change by using his finances rather than personal protest. I'm not against personal protest, but I believe in working for change by donating your time and/or money to help a cause rather than chaining yourself to a tree or something extreme like that. It's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment