Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Under the Weather

I've been feeling kind of lousy for the last day. My malaise started yesterday after lunch and continues today. I do feel better than I did yesterday, but not 100%. I just need a day or so to try and get back on track. These things happen when you're middle aged! It's a shame I'm under the weather because the weather's really great here in the Chicago area. Before we know it, it'll be snowing so I hate to miss out on any nice weather days because I'm stuck at home. I am getting some writing done so that's good. My work is slow, but it's coming along. During my down time, I've been reading about Jennifer Weiner's freak out over not being selected as Oprah's next book pick. My response to that is, "Girl, bye." Weiner's books are hugely successful. She's had a movie made of her book In Her Shoes (a good movie, I might add) and yet she's still not satisfied. The book Oprah did pick was written by a woman who doesn't look like Weiner (the other writer is small and blonde and Weiner...isn't) so, of course, Weiner has to bring the other writer's looks into this. Really? This is Oprah we're talking about, not Roger Ailes. Oprah, a woman who clearly isn't small and blonde, picks a book by a woman who is small and blonde. Okay. I have my own issues with Oprah and her book picks, but this time I'm taking O's side. I assume she selects books she likes. (Hell, she picked The Corrections back in the day, Ugh. As I'm sure she now realizes, she shouldn't even have bothered with that one. Franzen is an idiot, but I digress.) So Oprah picked Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton rather than Weiner's book Hungry Heart and Weiner was jealous. Weiner probably has more money and fame as a writer than Melton ever will yet she still wants more. Grow up. Oy! Speaking of other thirsty authors, I read EL James is pumping out yet another Fifty Shades rewrite (from Christian Grey's POV). How long is she going to keep f***ing that chicken? I thought she was supposed to be working on something else. I guess the Grey cash flow is too powerful to turn away from. I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment