Saturday, April 25, 2015

Why?

Why is service so lousy at the post office? I went to pick up two packages this week from my local post office and the place was crowded, as usual. Only two clerks were working the windows, as usual. But when I got close to the head of the line, one of the clerks disappeared for about 10 minutes. Then, when she returned, right when I was next in line for service, the other clerk pulled the grate on her window and closed up shop. I laughed along with other customers in line and, apparently, our laughter (or something) caused the clerk who'd checked out to check back in and reopen her window. We laughed to stop ourselves from crying or yelling about the consistently poor service. If the post office isn't racially profiling black folks to push black history stamps on them, they're closing up shop at the busiest times of the day and putting the people with the worst attitudes alive on the front lines. God, some postal employees are just terrible. I know dealing with the public isn't a cake walk, but if you hate your job that much, find another one. Don't take your job dissatisfaction out on me and other people who come to the post office and help pay your salary. Oy. I'd avoid the post office entirely if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment