Monday, April 6, 2015

Disappointed

Disappointment #1: Last night's episode of Mad Men. What a bust. and a disappointment. For this I waited how many months? The only good things about last night's episode were Roger's mustache and Peggy and Joan bitching at each other. (Peggy, Joan has big breasts. What is she supposed to do??? Wear a circus tent???) Don's back to screwing random women and pining for a woman he wrongly rejected. I should have watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E. instead last night.

My second disappointment came from a rerun of Queer as Folk episodes (the original British version) on Logo last night. I couldn't get with this either for a number of reasons. First, at times I couldn't understand what the guys were saying. The accents were a little too much for me. (Maybe I should have watched with the closed captions on.) Second, there was too much bleeping of the curse words. That distracted me. And, third, the guys just didn't do it for me. The Brits needed to step up their game with this crew. I know I'm biased by the American version of the show, but come on.

Speaking of British shows, I was thinking about the original British version of The Office with Ricky Gervais today. I remember seeing this show years ago when someone I worked with in Philadelphia loaned me her DVDs. I also remember being incredibly depressed by the show. I thought a lot of it was mean-spirited. Yes, it was funny, but after a while that humor just became depressing. Maybe it hit too close to home for me after working in various offices for so long. I feel like I should watch the show again and see if I have a different perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment