Saturday, April 4, 2015

Business

I'm still annoyed over the whole religious freedom nonsense going on but I'm trying to tamp that rage down. I want to have a nice Easter without working myself into a froth over some bigots out in Indiana (or wherever) who feel that providing pizza (?) for a gay wedding violates their religious faith. If you provide a product or a service for the public in this country, isn't it your job to do just that? Since when do business owners get to pick and choose who can buy their goods or take advantage of their services? It's discrimination no matter how you try to slice and dice it. First it's pizza, then it's shoes. "Hey, we can't sell that guy a pair of shoes because he's planning to wear them to his gay wedding! That's against my beliefs!"  Ridiculous, but that's the kind of ridiculousness the country is, unfortunately, dealing with now. I am happy to see so many people of all stripes outraged over this situation and I'm glad people can see this religious freedom act for what it is: a license to discriminate.

No comments:

Post a Comment