Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Burning

This week is off to a great start, right? Baltimore is burning. People are out of control. Some guy at the Y this afternoon smelled so bad that everyone who came near him was forced to flee. (His bad scent lingered even after he was gone. Time to hit the showers, buddy! Workout time is over!) It's only Tuesday and I'm already feeling bummed out this week. However, there are some bright spots. I bought a new bicycle on Sunday. It cost more than I wanted to spend, but it was a lot cheaper than the $574 orange bike I was lusting after. (Sorry, but that's just too much to pay for a bicycle unless you race and wear Spandex outfits with corporate logos splashed across them.) I'll have to post a picture of my grandma bike once I pony up $45 to get my basket installed on the handlebars. Now I can tool around town like the other suburbanites! I have a helmet and a Kryptonite lock, so I'm ready to go. When I rode home from the bike shop on Sunday, I was scared to death that someone would run me over. Even taking the side streets freaked me out, but I need to get over that. I bought a bike and I intend to ride it this spring and summer (and fall, weather permitting) and get my money's worth out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment