Sunday, April 19, 2015

Slave Owners in the Family

I read over the weekend that Ben Affleck didn't want the world to know that he has slave owners in his family history and that info got suppressed from the Henry Louis Gates PBS genealogy special when he was featured. Dude, let it go already. So you had slave owners in the family. Big whoop. Get over it. When Anderson Cooper found out one of his ancestors (and not one on the Vanderbilt side) not only owned slaves but was killed by one, he didn't freak out. He rolled with it. Affleck should have done the same. Now it's a bigger deal because he tried to suppress it and I'm annoyed with Henry Louis Gates for basically allowing Affleck to control the content of his show. For shame, Skip. For shame.

As another weekend winds down, I'm trying to figure out exactly where it went. Wasn't it just Friday? Yeah...two days ago. Oy! My quest to find an affordable bicycle has turned up some promising leads, but I haven't bitten the bullet yet and purchased one. My sister suggested I try the Goodwill and maybe I'll do that. I don't mind having a used bike as long as it's in good condition. Plus, I won't feel that angry if it gets stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment