Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Two Nickels

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about moving (again) mainly because the location of my day job might be shutting down and all of us who work there may be forced to have alternate accommodations. No decisions have been made yet, but there's a possibility that I could be asked to go back to the East Coast. When I think about making a cross-country move again, the thought is not appealing. I do miss living on the East Coast for a variety of reasons, but I also don't miss it for a variety of reasons, mainly that the cost of living is too high. Even though I have serious issues with Illinois, at least I feel like I could get by out here on a lot less. I could rub two nickels together and make it work. (Well, maybe more than two, but you know what I mean.) In New York, that ain't possible. When I started this blog, I lived in Brooklyn (hence the URL "Detroiter in Brooklyn") but I haven't lived there for over three years now. However, if I moved back, the title would, once again, be accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment