Friday, March 3, 2017

HBCUs WTF?

I've been meaning to do a blog post about the HBCU (that's Historically Black Colleges and Universities for those not in the know) presidents and their recent visit to see Donny T and the Funky Bunch (TM) at the White House recently. Atco Kellyanne showed her lack of home training (no surprise there) but what amazed me was that the HBCU presidents didn't realize that they'd been summoned for Negro Day Part Trois for a mere photo opp. They really thought they were going to be able to have "listening session" or whatever with Donny T, but they got hosed and used for publicity instead. They should have known not waste their time in making the trek to the White House. In other HBCU news, someone should tell Betsy Bell Biv DeVos (I wish I could claim credit for that one, but I can't--I read it on the internet), that HBCUs weren't schools of choice. They were schools of NO choice. Segregation forced the creation of HBCUs. There was no "choice." And this is the woman who is Secretary of Education. As Donny would say, "Sad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment