Wednesday, August 6, 2014

True Detective: Season 1 Over and Done

I finally watched the last two episodes of True Detective over the weekend and enjoyed them, but I was also a little let down. I had questions that weren't answered. (Who was the Yellow King? Who were the other guys in the video? Why did the last episode feel like an X-Files episode, particularly the one titled Home?) Despite my minor quibbles, I did enjoy the series and I liked that Woody and Matthew ended up alone (meaning no chicks) and had to rely on each other in the end. (Seeing Woody eating his frozen dinner in front of the television was especially satisfying.) I've read there are plagiarism charges being levied against the series creator now. That's unfortunate because a lot of the show's dialogue was really very smart and engaging. Anyway, on to the next season that, I hope, is as good as the first (but probably won't be).





No comments:

Post a Comment