Saturday, August 9, 2014

Learning to Swim

I regret never learning how to swim when I was younger and fearless. Swimming was offered at my high school, but I took dance instead. What a waste. I can still remember the awful routine my classmates and I did to the tune of "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics. (To this day, I cannot stand to hear that song, partially because it was overplayed but mainly because of that stupid dance routine, but I digress.) I know it's still not too late to learn how to swim and I'm considering taking classes in the fall. I don't need to be the next Michael Phelps. I just need to know how to swim to shore in the event I'm thrown overboard or something.


In other news, I'm finally on track with my writing. I have been working on a new novel for months and I just couldn't seem to get focused, but now I have a conflict and the words are flowing pretty well for a change. I hope the momentum continues and that I can have it done before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment