Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pugnacious!

I had an encounter with an aggressive pug this morning while I was on my way to the Y. I was walking down the street minding my own business when I came upon a woman and her two small dogs. She was sitting on the ground outside of an apartment/condo building and she had a small light colored dog on her arms. The other dog, a black pug, was on the other side of the sidewalk away from her. The pug had a leash around its neck, but no one had control of it. The leash was just dragging behind the dog. As I proceeded to pass the woman and the dogs, the pug came after me, growling and barking. I kept walking and the pug followed. The woman called to him, but he ignored her. Finally, I stopped and told the woman to get her dog and finally she got off her ass and moved to get the pug. Now if that dog had attacked me, he would have gotten a swift kick to the face and, if he had bitten me, I would have sued that woman. Team Kim was ready to step up and take care of business had this situation escalated. Thankfully it didn't and the pug retreated.

I like dogs and one day when I stop living in apartments, I plan to have my own, preferably a beagle. Part of being a responsible dog owner means controlling your pet. The woman I dealt with this morning never should have allowed her dog to roam free. She should have maintained control of the pug's leash at all times while he was outside in a public area like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment