Monday, September 16, 2013

Washcloths

I saw an story on Gawker today about the cultural differences between washcloth and non-washcloth users.  There is a cultural divide, people.  I've always used a washcloth.  I grew up in a household where my parents were washcloth users.  I assumed most people used them.  I was wrong.  Black Americans, like myself, seem to favor them, but white Americans do not.  I remember being in Brazil and having a hard time getting washcloths from the housekeeper.  Clearly, the Brazilians aren't fans either.  Go figure.  A lot of the debate on Gawker from the non-washcloth users centered around the cleanliness of the cloths.  If you use a washcloth, you then WASH the washcloth.  The key is to keep clean washcloths in circulation, folks!  And there's no sharing of washcloths.  There also is a washcloth for your face and a washcloth for your body.  You can buy a multipack at Target for under $5 and when they get grungy, just throw them out and buy some new ones. 

I always wondered why I'd see more washcloths than towels at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond and now I know it's because a lot of folks just buy towels and skip the washcloths.  Interesting.   To each his own, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment