Saturday, October 29, 2016

Road Trip: Over!

I'm back home after my recent road trip south. I had a good time and wished I could have stayed an extra day or two at the beach, but it wasn't meant to be. Being on this recent road trip with my sister made me realize that my sister and I do not have the same taste in music. Our musical tastes used to be more closely aligned, but not now. Most of the music she played during her time driving was just not my cup of tea. Van Hunt, Meshell N'Degeocello, the never-ending Hamilton soundtrack. Oy! Jesus, take the wheel! During this trip, I also learned that my father, in his old age, seems to be picking up strange habits and taking care of everyone's business but his own. As our parents age, many of us (myself included) will have to think about how we'll care for them. I just assume I'll have to either pick up and move where my father is or move him where I am if he starts to need a close level of care. Hopefully, he'll still be able to live an independent life for another ten years or more because I'm not ready to deal with either of those options right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment