Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Being 17

I'm back from my quick trip to New York, but while I was there, I saw a great French movie called Being 17 about two 17-year-old boys who went to school together and had some "issues" between them. The boys, one biracial and one white, often fought in school and then, through a series of circumstances, one is sent to live with the other and the two realize they have feelings for each other. The movie was beautifully shot and the acting was great. Watching two teen boys deal with their inability to express their feelings and frustration over their sexuality was, at times, frustrating, but the movie was really wonderful. I highly recommend checking it out if it comes to your town or eventually is available on Netflix or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment