Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Winning? Hardly!

When I heard last night that Charlie Sheen was going to announce today that he's HIV positive, I wasn't surprised because I'd read this on one of my gossip sites a while ago. When Charlie was at the height of infamy after being fired from Two and a Half Men and going on TV proclaiming how he was "winning" I was hospitalized in New York (because, seriously, the city was killing me from the inside) and I remember being in my hospital room watching Charlie speak with a reporter from MSNBC or somewhere about how he was on top of the world and everyone who didn't see things his way as a loser, blah, blah, blah. Now I'm not one to kick a man when he's down, but this guy has been so fortunate and been given so many breaks in life that it's hard for me to feel sorry for him. He comes from a famous family, has had a great career, attractive wives, healthy kids, and he just seems to have squandered everything. Having HIV is not a death sentence the way it used to be and I certainly hope Sheen is able to get the help he needs, but I can't lose any sleep over him when there are so many other people who are deserving and in need of help and sympathy and there are so many more pressing problems in the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment