Saturday, November 14, 2015

Paris Is Burning

I didn't even realize there had been attacks in Paris yesterday until I was driving home from work and heard about it on NPR. I'd been hunched over my desk working on a project and I hadn't even had time to get on the internet after lunch and check the news. I hope the culprits who caused this destruction (the ones who are still alive) are caught and brought to justice. The world is a dangerous place and it's always terrible to hear about acts of mass destruction like this. When tragedy occurs, it really puts things into perspective. While some people are busy complaining about Starbucks cups not being Christmas-y enough, Paris is burning and people are dying in the streets. We could all use some perspective about life in general and sometimes it, unfortunately, takes a tragedy to open our eyes to the harsh realities of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment