Sunday, November 1, 2015

Post-Halloween Greetings

Well, now that Halloween is down and out, I assume the Christmas season will kick into high gear and Thanksgiving will be given the short shrift once again. I was in Walgreen's yesterday and I saw an entire row of Christmas cards on display. The season does seem to start earlier and earlier each year. Pretty soon Christmas in July won't just be a sales promotion, it'll be the norm.

In non holiday-related news, I keep reading about the poor reception the public has given to the latest Steve Jobs movie. I can't figure out why anyone thinks a lot of people (A) care about Steve Jobs and (B) would spend money to see a movie that shows what an asshole he was. How many Steve Jobs bio flicks do we need? This is, what, the third or fourth one? This guy wasn't Lincoln or MLK. Why do we have so many movies about him? I don't get it. I'm also tired of seeing movies with European actors playing Americans. I like Michael Fassbender and I think he's a great actor, but were there no American actors who could have played Jobs? The same goes for that panned Stonewall movie. A British guy starred in the leading role as a guy from Indiana. Were there no American blond male actors available?

I've been working on a new book and it's almost done. I just need to wrap it up. I plan to do just that in the next week. I hate that I'm a relatively slow writer, but I am. Thankfully, once I get this latest book over and done with, I do have two more in the works, so it shouldn't take me a year to get another book out.

No comments:

Post a Comment