Sunday, November 8, 2015

Get Some Real Problems

I just read a story about some people being upset with Starbucks because this year's Christmas-y cups aren't Christmas-y enough apparently. Rather than featuring some holiday illustration like a reindeer or snowflakes, this year's cups are simply red with the usual green Starbucks logo. Stop the world, I want to get off! I can't believe people are actually complaining about a cup. It's a holder for your beverage. Nothing more, nothing less. I doubt the Christmas season will fail to happen because Starbucks didn't put a reindeer or a wreath on its holiday cups. For all those folks complaining, shut up and call me when you get some real problems!

Speaking of Christmas and cups, I'm looking forward to getting a Christmaskindlmarket boot mug this year. The Chicago Tribune called it a "kitschy boot-shaped drinking vessel." (Did someone really go to journalism school to come up with lines like this? Apparently.) These kitschy boot-shaped drinking vessels going on sale in a few weeks and I fully intend to get one this year. It's a relative bargain at $7 plus you get wine. What more could you want? I suspect the folks complaining about the Starbucks cups would find something to complain about with the boot mug too. It's too foreign! Where's the reindeer??? Insert eye-roll here.

No comments:

Post a Comment