Wednesday, June 30, 2021

September and Earwigs!

I found out this week that my day job has given my office a September 20 return to work date. We've been working from home since last March and the WFH days will soon come to an end. I know many folks haven't had the luxury of being able to work from home and I know they probably won't have much sympathy for me, but I dread returning to the office. Getting back on public transit, using a community bathroom and kitchen...these things all depress me. Ugh. Well, I'd better try to enjoy the remaining weeks I have to work from home and take advantage of it.

In other depressing news, I've got earwigs in my place. They're somehow getting in from the outside and I don't like it. Ortho Home Defense to the rescue! I've never had earwigs in the nearly three years that I've lived here. I've been reading up on earwigs and they're probably moving indoors due to the dry weather we've been having lately. I see them around the back door of my building and they're clearly making their way inside. They need to pack it in and head back outdoors or face death by foot or Ortho. Ugh again and gross. When I was a kid, I would put on my gym shoes (yes, gym shoes, not sneakers--I'm from Michigan) and go outside to step on ants up and down the walkway of our house. As an adult, I don't seek out bugs to step on, but I do feel proper footwear is needed to squash bugs. I have to put on a shoe that will do the job. Not a flip flop or a house shoe. I need a good killing shoe and I make sure I have a pair handy to do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment