Monday, July 5, 2021

Down Time

I have some time off this week from my day job (yea!) so I'm planning to do the following:

1. Read

2. Write

3. Watch TV

4. Sleep (daytime naps are great)

5. Go to the gym

I was reading four books at once, but now I'm down to three since I finished one last night. I read the every entertaining book Bath Haus by PJ Vernon in about two days. A good page-turner for the summer. 

I watched a documentary on Prime over the weekend called Tickled about some dude on Long Island who had fake online personas where he duped young guys into allowing themselves to be tickled on film. That was odd. I also watched a few episodes of a show called Bonding on Netflix about two college kids who are in the BDSM business. I took one look at these kids and found them totally unbelievable in the roles. The show is played for laughs and neither of the actors (the one playing the dominatrix nor the one playing her assistant) look like anything other than fresh-faced college kids. Totally unbelievable casting, totally unbelievable plot. I got through three episodes before bailing on that. Netflix really is throwing money at a lot of garbage trying to find something that sticks. I know they're trying to build up their library, but a lot of the shows and movies they're creating just aren't good.

 I'm planning to try and either resurrect the short story I've been working on for far too long or just make the decision to ditch it. I really want to get it together and not abandon it, but I need to make some decisions ASAP about that. It's time to move forward or move on to something else.

It will be nice to have a string of days where I'm not tethered to my computer for work. I want and need the down time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment