Thursday, November 5, 2020

Post-Election Thoughts

Well, we're still waiting for the official word about who will be the next POTUS. I have to admit, when I turned the TV off Tuesday night, I felt deflated and was trying to mentally prepare myself for four more years of Donny T, and his reign of terror, but by Wednesday morning, things were looking up! I don't know what's been going on in my home state of Michigan, but I'm glad to see it looks like the tide turned for Biden there. I dream of the day when I can wake up and not have to hear about tweets from POTUS or some insult he's hurled at someone or any shenanigans from his administration. Maybe (hopefully) those days are coming soon. 

Once again, we see that polls are ridiculous. I think they served a useful purpose in the past, but not now. They're so inaccurate that they're not even worth having. And when will the media stop lumping all people who speak Spanish together? A Cuban American, a Mexican American, and a Puerto Rican don't share the same views just because they all speak Spanish! I'm not Latino and I know this! Jeez. Get a clue, media. (I guess that's asking too much.) And, speaking of the media, if Donny goes down in defeat (as he should), the media really needs to get its act together too for the next POTUS. They contribute to Donny's ridiculousness by giving him a forum and spending hours talking about his tweets and other assorted nonsense rather than ignoring it and focusing on the actual news. They're enablers. Cable news is the main culprit here. I guess they need something to fill the 24-hour news cycle, but enough already. Get some alternate programming!

And, speaking of programming, why is cable so lousy? Why am I paying for ESPN that I never watch? Why can't I pick my channels a la carte? Why do I have a bunch of Spanish language stations when no habla Espanol? Cable providers will continue to lose customers if they don't get their act together and start giving customers more choices in what channels they want. I haven't cut the cord yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment