Thursday, March 19, 2020

One Week

Well, it's been one week since I last worked in the office at my day job. And what an interesting week it's been. I bought toilet paper from a gas station last night. That's right. Toilet paper from a gas station convenience store. I couldn't find any after going to three grocery stores and one Walgreens over the week and finally I was able to get a few rolls from a BP station. This is what it's come to. At least they had some! Working from home has enabled me to save money. No more runs to Starbucks or McDonald's in the morning. Now I drink my coffee and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at home. In addition to the financial savings, when I cook my own food, I know it's safe. It's a win-win! I do miss going out to eat, but I'll get over it. I'll have to. If the weather was nicer around here, I'd be able to get out for walks daily, but it's kind of crappy around Chicago right now, so I haven't been getting out every day. I do recommend that you try to get out for a walk each day if can during this pandemic. It helps just to be outside even if it's only for 15-30 minutes. (Just avoid others!) We all have to keep our sanity during these difficult times and, I don't know about you folks, but there's only so much news I can take on a daily basis. I want to be informed, but I don't want to keep hearing this gloom and doom every freaking time I turn on the news. At least the election is over here in Illinois so I don't have to see a steady stream of political ads with Bernie, Joe, and whoever else is/was running for office.

Stay strong, folks. The struggle is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment