Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lazy Weekend

I watched all 7 episodes of The Tiger King on Netflix this weekend. Yeah. That was interesting. Throughout each episode, I kept thinking, This is why Donny is POTUS. A lot of folks are nuts. Another lazy weekend in front of the TV during the Coronavirus Lockdown of 2020. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad to not be sick either at home or in a hospital. I'm doing my part to maintain social distancing although I did venture out to the grocery store yesterday with a ton of other folks. I did my best to keep my distance from them and vice versa. Today I ventured out to the mailbox. It's a good thing that the weather has been pretty crappy around Chicago this weekend, so that has kept people indoors. I still think it's good to try and take a walk if you can even if it's just around the block. We all need fresh air and a change of scenery.

As I keep reading about the epidemic and the situation in New York, I can't help wondering what things would be like for me if I still lived in Brooklyn. Schlepping to Foodtown or the bodega for what meager groceries they had to offer. No car. No way to escape the city without taking public transit. Oy! I probably would have had a breakdown by now. I feel for those folks. I feel for everyone dealing with this situation. People who are out of work, people who have to work, people who want to work but can't. I know we'll come out on the other side of this eventually, but it's hard to imagine that light at the end of the tunnel when there are so many days of darkness still to come. We all have to stay strong and do the best we can with what we have.

On the bright side, I am getting some writing done, so I'm not totally frying my brain watching stories about tiger handlers and their groupies. I'm also doing some reading and I'm thankful I have my Kindle since the local libraries and bookstores are closed. E-readers are coming in handy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment