Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Corona Anyone?

Have we reached peak hysteria yet over the Coronavirus? I feel like it's the only thing on everyone's mind these days. I was walking behind two guys when I went out for lunch the other day and the only word I heard from them was "Coronavirus." I've talked about it myself with relatives, coworkers, neighbors. Aside from washing your hands, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and staying away from sick people, what else can you do? Lock yourself up indoors and don't come out again until the crisis is over (if it ever ends)? Most of us don't have the luxury of staying indoors like that, so we go out, do the best we can, and take our chances. I read about price gouging of products like Lysol and Purell in New York. Some store was selling a can of Lysol for $19.99 and another was selling a bottle of Purell for $14.99. That's ridiculous. People will try to make a buck off of anything. I have to believe the hysteria wouldn't be as hysterical if we didn't have an idiot at the helm of our country. If people felt confident in our leadership, they could chill out a little. But, as the saying goes when you elect a clown, you get a circus. (And saying that about Donny is an insult to clowns!)

No comments:

Post a Comment