Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Clearly, Mike Couldn't Get "It" Done (and Other Observations)

I got this in the mail today:


You should have saved your money, Bloomie! It's over for you. I'm surprised Bloomberg did as poorly as he did on Super Tuesday. I thought for sure he'd do better. I believe he failed for three reasons: 1. Joe-mentum pushed him out of the game. 2.  People just didn't seem to want him for POTUS. 3. People didn't think he could hold his own on the debate stage against Donny T. All that money spent and he only won American Samoa? Sad.

In other news, the hysteria over Coronavirus is reaching peak levels. No Purell in the stores, functions canceled, people quarantined in their homes. Unless you truly put the public on lockdown (a la China), this thing can and will spread. You can only do so much to restrict people's activities when you live in a free society. As I've said before, freedom ain't free! As much as I'm personally trying not to freak out during every ride on the L (particularly when someone sneezes or coughs), it's not reassuring that our government has VP Pence on the case to handle this thing. Does he even believe in medicine or does he just plan to pray on the situation and hope for the best? I believe in prayer too, but I also believe in medicine and science and reality. Between the media's non-stop coverage and Donny T.'s bad moves, it's enough to make you feel sick (even if you aren't really sick).

In my old age, I'm not ashamed to admit when I like something that others might find embarrassing. Today's example is Justin Bieber's song "Yummy." Yeah, I like it. I like the song, I like the video, I like the little dance routine near the end of the video. I can't say I care much for many of the lyrics, but the beat is good. I am not usually a fan of autotuning one's voice, but it works here. When did Biebs get so many tatts? I couldn't believe how much ink he had when I watched the "Yummy" video. Oy! I have to admit, before "Yummy" I couldn't name a Bieber song. I'm not exactly the demographic for his music. But I give credit when credit is due! Lost control of myself, I'm compromised! 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment