Friday, March 13, 2020

Lockdown!

Well, that was fast. We went from mild panic to full-on freak-out mode in less than a week. My day job told everyone to work from home starting today "until further notice." Fine with me. I thought about going out to try and pick up a few things from the store this evening, but I'm afraid to given the crowds and the lines. I'm down to my last three rolls of toilet paper and I'm low on Coffeemate! This shit just got real. I also had a coughing fit last night, but it seems to have gone away today. Still, I don't want to chance anything by going out. So I'm going into lockdown mode, like a lot of other folks as we deal with this Coronavirus crisis. It's amazing to me how so many things have changed over a period of 1-2 days. Sports gatherings have been cancelled, concerts have been cancelled, museums and schools are closed, colleges and universities told students to attend classes online, businesses have closed up shop. I'm just curious to know how long things will go on like this. Until we get notification that the virus has peaked? And who, exactly, would give that notification? Donny T.? Hopefully not. I'd prefer to get news from someone who's not lying on a daily basis.

I am looking forward to getting some much needed rest over the next few days/weeks now that I don't have to schelp to work on the L. Maybe I can save a few bucks too by not eating out. But what about the people who can't work from home? The ones who work service jobs that depend on people who go to the Starbucks, stay at hotels, eat out at restaurants? If those places don't have customers, they can't stay open. We can only hope and/or pray (if you're a praying person) that things improve sooner rather than later. Life probably won't ever go back to how it was, but maybe it can get close to being how it was and we can all keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment