Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Secret Everybody Knew

So Barry Manilow came out as gay today...at age 73. Better late than never, right? He claimed he didn't come out earlier because he didn't want to disappoint his fans. As a Manilow fan, just let me say, "I already knew, Barry!" and I'm sure many other fans knew also. I don't fault anyone for living his/her life on his/her terms. If Barry didn't want to come out publicly until now, that's his business. Life your life, Barry! I'm sure I've posted before about my love for the music of Manilow, but let me just say again that he has made some really wonderful songs. "Looks Like We Made It," "Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again," and "Weekend in New England" are just a few of my Manilow favorites. He doesn't get the respect he deserves because haters will hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment