Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter. I'm glad the weather has been nice and warm for this year's Easter weekend. Living in Chicago, April can be cold and snowy, warm and sunny, cold and rainy, or some combination of all three scenarios. You're never quiet sure what kind of weather you'll be in April. Whenever Easter rolls around, I start to think of the church songs I grew up with. One of my favorites is "Low in the Grave He Lay." It never fails to remind me of the Easter services I grew up with in the Lutheran church. It's such an uplifting song and I enjoy hearing it.

In other sort of Easter-related, but not really news, I watched the movie Night of the Lepus last night on TCM, a ridiculous "horror" movie about huge killer rabbits who kill people in a rural town. These huge fur balls burst through windows and go for the jugular of the townsfolk. Killer rabbits. Yeah. Okay. Whenever I see the wild rabbits that are hopping around Evanston, especially if there's more than one gathered, I think about Night of the Lepus.

No comments:

Post a Comment