Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Kennedys...Again?

How many movies, television specials, and documentaries are going to be made about the Kennedys? When I saw the trailer for the latest film about Jackie Kennedy, I wondered, Why was this made? Haven't there been enough movies about the Kennedys? Haven't they been analyzed and autopsied enough? Who do filmmakers think are the target audience for a movie about Jackie? Baby boomers? Surely not young people today. They probably don't care and, really, why should they? As for the rest of us (and even I wasn't born during Kennedy's presidency and assassination and I'm middle-aged!), we've had the Kennedys shoved down our throats for decades and I know more than I ever wanted to know about that family. Is this the best Hollywood can do? Move on already.

No comments:

Post a Comment