Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Middle-Aged Baby

I read yesterday that Audra McDonald is pregnant. If you've read my blog, you know that I love Audra's singing. (Really, if you like Broadway music and you get the chance to see her live, do it!) But back to the baby. Audra McDonald and I are the same age. In fact, our birthdays are mere days apart. We're both over forty (and not by two or three years either). I can't even imagine having a baby at my age, but more power to Audra. I hope everything goes well with her pregnancy and congratulations to her and her family. Still, oy! Having a baby when you're young is hard (so I've been told), but having one when you're middle-aged has go to be even harder. I read recently that Janet Jackson is also pregnant (supposedly) and she'll be fifty years old next week! I just can't imagine having a baby when I'm in my latter forties or fifties. But, hey, to each her own.


No comments:

Post a Comment