Saturday, June 22, 2013

Male Jeggings

I was walking down Fifth Avenue yesterday near the library and saw a guy wearing (sigh) jeggings.  Ugh.  He looked like a gay hipster (beard, button-down shirt, leather oxfords with no socks), but that's no excuse for this fashion faux pas.  I've complained in the past about man-pris (capri pants for men), but jeggings are even worse.  No man, gay or straight, hipster or bro, should be wearing jeggings.  It's not a good look.  I don't even like to see women wearing them.  I wish I had snapped a picture of the Fifth Avenue jeggings wearer, but I was too horrified and disgusted to even get my iPhone out.  I seriously wish I'd had the balls to ask the guy what possessed him to come out of the house like that.  But he looked confident as he walked down Fifth Avenue.  He didn't look like a man who was unhappy with his fashion choices or with life in general.  I guess it takes a lot of confidence to walk the streets of New York, or any city, wearing male jeggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment