Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last Name Love

I've been obsessed this week with unique last names.  I feel that someone who has an uncommon last name should seek out those with the same name.  If I had an unusual last name, I'd be all over the Internet trying to track down others with the same last name.  I'd want to know these folks and try to find out if we were somehow related.  But when you have a common last name like I do, that's not even an option.  Alias Smith and Jones don't need to bother trying to track down folks with the same last name because there are too many of them out there. 

When I spoke with some of my coworkers who have uncommon last names about trying to reach out to others who share their names, none of them seemed interested.  They didn't really have a desire to reach out to someone who might be a distant relative.  I just don't get that, but I guess they had their reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment