Saturday, June 15, 2013

Daddies and Mommies

I read the following article on NY Magazine's site about some gay men's desire to have an older partner (a "daddy") and found it both funny and fascinating:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/06/rise-of-the-daddies-a-new-and-sexy-gay-niche.html?test=true

Calling your man "daddy" regardless of gender just feels weird to me.  I feel the same way about calling your woman "momma."  Can't we leave our parents out of our social lives?  I know every call of "daddy" or "mommy" doesn't mean the person doing the calling (or the person accepting the call) has issues with his or her parents, but some do.  ("He loves me the way my real daddy never did!")  Okay, but that's a little creepy.  

On that note, Happy Father's Day, Daddies (and Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mommies).

No comments:

Post a Comment