Monday, May 27, 2013

Who Are These People????

I read my share of celebrity gossip just like the next person, but lately I keep seeing headlines on my favorite websites about people and I have no idea who they are.  Who is Amanda Bynes and why should I care that she was arrested in New York?  Who is Aaron Paul and is his marriage over the weekend really celebrity news?  I know I'm out of touch with things going on sometimes (particularly with the music of today), but I didn't think I was that out of touch.  I read about people and I have no idea who they are or what they've done to end up on some gossip website.  I guess everyone who gets a wee bit of fame gets a gossip update now.  I remember I was going out for coffee one morning and a swarm of photographers surrounded a car that pulled up outside of the building where I work in Midtown.  (My office building houses some Sirius radio stations so we get a fair share of celebrities coming in and out.)  Because so many photographers swarmed, I stuck around to find out who was going to emerge from the car that pulled up.  It turns out it was some guy from the Vampire Diaries show.  (I actually had to ask someone who the dude was because I didn't know.)  I later found out it was Ian Sommerholder.  Who??  This is the dude photographers swarmed to get a picture of???  Really???  Nothing against Mr. Sommerholder who actually is a nice looking guy, but you would have thought George Clooney had emerged from the car the way the photographers acted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment