Monday, May 20, 2013

Speed Dating

I did some speed dating last night and it was fun.  This is my third time going to a speed dating event, but I hadn't been to one in a few years because the last one I went to annoyed me.  The event was supposed to cover two different age groups:  people in their 20s and people in their 30s, but everyone didn't show up and the groups were combined.  I didn't enjoy having to spend my evening chatting with 20-somethings (nice 20-somethings, but 20-somethings nonetheless).  Last night's event was for the 40+ crowd, so that was good.

I met some nice guys last night.  They all were pleasant and held a variety of jobs (elevator operator company owner, real estate agent, chiropractor).  A few stood out from the crowd though.  The real estate agent, who was funny and very perceptive, struck me as gay.  My gaydar just went off on him the moment I laid eyes on him and I kept wondering what he was doing there trying to meet women.  Maybe he was in denial or maybe he was bi.   Then there was the guy (I'm not sure what he did) who talked about women and men getting sex change operations.  He asked me if a man got a sex change and became a woman and started dating men, isn't he gay?  Huh???  And then there was the high school physical ed teacher and coach who just gave me the creeps.  He was aggressive...and not in a good way.  All I could think about when I talked with him was that he seemed like a wife beater.  I can't even imagine how he is with the kids he coaches.  He probably berates them on a daily basis.  Ugh. 

Still, I had a great time and would definitely speed date again.  I doubt there will be any love connections for me from this group, but it was nice to get out, talk with people, and drink some wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment