Friday, May 17, 2013

Googa Mooga Madness!

I knew something was wrong when my usual F train I take from work around 4:30 was crowded and pretty much stayed crowded until I got off at Bergen Street to head to Trader Joe's.  But that wasn't the worst of it.  The nightmare started after I'd done my shopping and stood on the platform waiting for about 15 minutes for a train, praying that my frozen food wouldn't melt.  Finally a G train came...and it was packed.  I managed to squeeze in, but things didn't ease up until the 15th Street stop.  And what was the reason for this influx of afternoon riders?  Googa Freaking Mooga!  I knew Googa Mooga was starting today, but I didn't realize the influx of hipsters would start during rush hour.  (I guess they don't have jobs to go to.)  It's bad enough that Prospect Park is pretty much off limits all weekend due to this hipster music/foodfest, but it looks like the subway trains are also a disaster.  Wait until Saturday and Sunday when the hipsters realize the G isn't running between Hoyt/Schermerhorn and Church Ave heading towards Queens and the F is express between Church Ave and Jay Street.  Yeah, that's happening, too.  Maybe they'll figure out they can catch the train at 7th Ave or maybe they won't.  I'm sure they'll make it back to Williamsburg or wherever they came from safely somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment