Friday, May 10, 2013

Random Thoughts

A publisher (whose name I won't reveal) my manuscript because the story contained infidelity.  I was told something like, "Our customers don't like stories where infidelity is involved."  Huh?  Since when is infidelity off the table in a relationship novel?  I've read plenty of romance books where infidelity rears its ugly head.  I'm not a fan of infidelity, but it happens and I certainly wouldn't toss a book because of it.  Who are these mythical creatures who reject romance books because of infidelity?  I assume they never watched soap operas either where infidelity is a constant plot line.  I guess I should be glad I got a personalized response, but I think I would have preferred to receive feedback that was more generic.

In other news, kudos to John McCain for introducing a bill to break up these cable television packages and allow customers to pick the channels they want.  As I blogged about last week, my cable bill went up and I complained about having to pay for sports channels (like ESPN) that I won't even watch.  Cable channels should be offered a la carte.  I'd be more than willing to pay for channels that I want (USA, Sundance, Comedy Central) and not have to pay for channels that I don't want (Univision, Fox News, E!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment