Friday, May 31, 2013

Mike's Bikes

Citibank's bike share started last weekend and I've seen many kiosks around Manhattan near my office.  I've actually seen a few people riding Citibikes (also called Mike's bikes or Bloomberg's bikes) in the city.  Oy!  I still believe riding a bike down 6th Avenue or Broadway is a mistake.  You take your life in your hands just walking the streets of Manhattan and Brooklyn!  Someone has already been mowed down on a Citibike too.  A rider was hit yesterday in the Village.  According to reports I read, the bike rider blew through a light, but that does nothing to diminish my fear of biking in the city.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  New York is not Amsterdam!!  Mike's bikes are a menace to the city.  I am not anti-biking.  I just believe bikes should be available near parks and other areas where it's safe, not smack dab in the middle of Midtown on 43rd and 6th Avenue or, as my picture below shows, on 51st and Broadway.


No comments:

Post a Comment